Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin fever and mellow friday forecast

From "the liar", National Wx Service, forecast for Friday:
    Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.

To me this looks like a window to take a paddle tomorrow on the Severn, maybe mid-afternoon, (heat of the day!) Probably cast a Mepps or lead head to see if any pickerel are hungry.

Will launch on Weems Creek, ice permitting or from community beach directly onto the Severn between the bridges. If anyone wants to go, I will check for pm's until 1030 and again in the am. Parking no problem.

Regards,
    ST

Scott -

I went out earlier to run some errands and thought the air was warmer than yesterday. Later I drove around to several potential launch spots and fishing spots and just got home again. Although you could launch from the beach at Jonas Green and two-thirds of the river width is open, the edges and entrances to creeks/coves are still iced in. Weems has ice right up to the shoreline at the ramp. Sadly, we are out of luck for fishing the local water until things warm up quite a bit more. College Creek, Manresa Cove, and Weems Creek were ice-covered from shore to shore.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

thanks John,
      I paddled today at Indian Landing but on a limited basis. There is sill open water up there where the current bends around the point. Here;s looking forward to a February thaw!

ST

Comment

Working...
      X