Potomac 3/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac 3/2

Got out today for a few hours with Dave aka Donkeyfish. I caught a pretty nice sized Blue Cat that ended up being my biggest from the kayak.

Check out the full write up here:

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...blue-cats.html
    Shane
    Hobie Outback

What were you using for bait when you were at the bridge. I was the one casting from the pier while you were there but they weren't interested in my hot dogs. I was also using 10/0 hooks maybe that was a bit overambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
      What were you using for bait when you were at the bridge. I was the one casting from the pier while you were there but they weren't interested in my hot dogs. I was also using 10/0 hooks maybe that was a bit overambitious.
      We were using raw chicken and chicken livers. I was using circle hooks as well and I think they were size 7/0. You might want to downsize your hook some because there are a lot of smaller cats around the bridge.
      Shane
      Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Reelaxin10 View Post
        We were using raw chicken and chicken livers. I was using circle hooks as well and I think they were size 7/0. You might want to downsize your hook some because there are a lot of smaller cats around the bridge.
        Yeah thats kinda what I figured, thanks.

Comment

Checked out your blog... looks like an awesome trip. One question... Where did you put the transducer for your fish finder, and did you have to drill through the hull to rig it? Thanks!
          Jackson
          Jackson Cuda 12
          Field and Stream SOT
          "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

Originally posted by alabamaangler View Post
            Checked out your blog... looks like an awesome trip. One question... Where did you put the transducer for your fish finder, and did you have to drill through the hull to rig it? Thanks!
            Thanks, I mounted it in the hull of my Outback and it's a shoot through installation so no holes were drilled in the hull. I mounted it with foam pad around the transducer filled with marine goop. If you search for fish finder installation on here you'll come up with a lot of ideas and ways to install them on different models of kayaks. In the picture you can see my transducer behind the sail mast pole:transducer.jpg
            Shane
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
            X