Harbor Hospital 3/1 & 3/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Hospital 3/1 & 3/2

Fished the HH area saturday and sunday mornings.

Saturday, the entire area was covered with skim ice about a 1/4 inch thick. Busted my way out and then back and forth to clear a fishing hole with a couple other boats and cast soft plastics on jigheads. Snagged 4 or 5 gizzard shad in an hour plus of fishing but that was it. The boats didnt catch anything other than shad either.

Sunday, figured I would give it another shot since the shad were around and the ice had been blown off. Fished from 0730 till 1230. Conditions were great with a calm to no wind. Same set up as the day before but since the ice was gone I did some trolling as well. Snagged a few more shad but they seemed to have moved out. I did get 2 solid hits while trolling the channels, one on an x-rap the other on a soft plastic shad, but after peeling some drag they both popped free. Felt good to be on the water anyways!

Glad to see you got out man. Next time you'll get em to the boat!
    Shane
    Hobie Outback

Comment

Any warm water flowing from the discharge?

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
        Any warm water flowing from the discharge?
        Yup, water was flowing both days.

Comment

I haven't been to the HH-WWD since December 1st. I did manage to catch 4 modest stripers then, 16”-19”. But this ultra nasty winter weather has keep me off the Patapsco since then. Not knowing if there is too much ice there is holding me back... after all, it is a 1.5 hour drive there one-way.

Winter fishing has been very spotty there the past several years. I'm thinking the WWD is not what it use to be. Several years ago it use to be at least 5F or more warmer than water farther away by the ramps. During recent years I've haven't seen much more than a 2F increase, if that, at the discharge. That ain't much.

Chimo – Did you have anything to measure water temps in the area? Also, didn't we meet at the HH ramp last year?
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post

Chimo – Did you have anything to measure water temps in the area? Also, didn't we meet at the HH ramp last year?
            Yup, we have run into each other at least once and I think a few times before but it wasn't last winter. It was a dead calm day Sunday, perfect for your canoe. There was actually someone launching a 8ft pond prowler when I was leaving

I have my transducer mounted inside my hull so the temp readings aren't the greatest but I was reading about 4 degrees warmer in the plume.

Comment

Working...
            X