Allen's Fresh 3/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen's Fresh 3/10

Fished around the bridge and went pretty far upstream. Zero fish caught using small jigs and twisters. Fished deep, shallow and in between and spots I usually catch perch in. Current was moving pretty fast, visibility was pretty good at 3-4 feet. Fished from 4:30pm until 6:30pm. Saw another kayaker and boater further downstream at the Cedar tree area, don't know how they did. No one else fishing, though, which was odd for a 60 degree day this time of year. No signs of any spawning activity upstream, so the run hasn't started yet (or there are no more yellow perch I only caught one last year.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

The white perch are running with the yellows at Jugs Bay. We were catching both off the pier yesterday.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Comment

I fished Allen's last week and did not mark or see a fish...the place has been dead (for yellows)for a few years now.
      John

Cuda 12
      F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

I'm late to the thread but I did catch my limit plus north of Jugs on the 8th. I had never fished there before but the yellow perch fishing was slow but steady. I'm very interested in the Allan's Fresh run but I have also heard that not much has been happening there yet. I would imagine that if the run starts happening at Allan's, folks will be pretty quiet about it. Does anyone know if the construction there has prohibited launching? I'm guessing you can still launch from the north side of the bridge.
        Live for today, and fish often...
        2014 Pro Angler 14
        St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

I got skunked again Saturday afternoon. One guy in a canoe was catching them in one small upstream spot near the spawning area. He was using a bobber and grass shrimp. Talked to a shore angler that said he met a guy that got his limit on the morning incoming tide. So whatever small run there is has started.
          Green Old Town Loon 111
          Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Construction is not impeding launching at the bridge as of yet.

Originally posted by Jambone View Post
            I'm late to the thread but I did catch my limit plus north of Jugs on the 8th. I had never fished there before but the yellow perch fishing was slow but steady. I'm very interested in the Allan's Fresh run but I have also heard that not much has been happening there yet. I would imagine that if the run starts happening at Allan's, folks will be pretty quiet about it. Does anyone know if the construction there has prohibited launching? I'm guessing you can still launch from the north side of the bridge.
            Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
            Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
            X