New kayak first time out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kayak first time out.

What's up everybody? Just getting into yak fishing, purchased a ascend fs12t. Took it out today on a small quarry/pond I usually fish and got blown around for about an hour. But it was a good learning experience for my first time ever one one. Hope to get to meet some of you guys.
    Attached Files

I'm "in the same boat" as you, Hehring. I just got a yak this weekend and will be taking my maiden voyage coming up very soon. I definitely plan on attending some of the M&Gs once I get my sea legs in it.
    Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Yea I plan on hitting some of the m&g as well hope to see you there.

Comment

Congratulations to you both on your new kayaks.
        Just got my kayak this week too. Put a few things on it yesterday and will take my maiden voyage at Wheatley pond today. Hope to catch some trout.
        Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
        Cobra Explorer

Comment

Congrats on the new boat! Lots of new kayaks around here right now, including mine.

Do as much paddling as you can before you start rigging it, so you know where you need to avoid mounting anything that would get in the way of your paddle stroke or just moving around in the cockpit.

Post up often and ask as many questions as you can think of. Lots of knowledge and experience in this group of tupperware pirates.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Hehring,

I also just purchased the fs12t! This is my first kayak and I took it out on the Severn out of Jonas Green Park yesterday. I caught a nice rockfish within 30 minutes! Now I'm hooked. I plan on installing an anchor/trolley system this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
              Congrats on the new boat! Lots of new kayaks around here right now, including mine.

Do as much paddling as you can before you start rigging it, so you know where you need to avoid mounting anything that would get in the way of your paddle stroke or just moving around in the cockpit.

Post up often and ask as many questions as you can think of. Lots of knowledge and experience in this group of tupperware pirates.
              Great advise, thanks!
              Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Hey Hehring , Nick Remesch here. I was going to inform you about this site,but looks like you already found it. Glad you joined the yak club. We will have to get out soon. Will talk to you at the baptism in a couple of weeks.
                See you soon. Nick

Comment

Working...
                X