Getting out Tomorrow to Chapel Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting out Tomorrow to Chapel Point

Looking forward to tomorrow morning. My hobie is up blocks waiting for the plastic weld kit to arrive, so I'm taking my big purple tandem emotion yak out tomorrow with my buddy. He has only been fishing about 3 times. His largest catch to date is a 6 inch bream. Hoping to get him on some blue cats tomorrow. I was ready for Saturday on Monday this week. In the final stretch now. I picked this lures up last night at Dicks. I'm hoping to catch some LMB and some snakeheads this year at Mattawoman. From talking to you guys on here and reading the tons of posts, it seems like these types of lures are the way to go. I've mostly thrown various types of spinners and some of the pre-hooks swim tail minnows and plastics. Seems that these are more cost effective.
    lures.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Those should work fine. Rig them weedless and weightless with a 3/O hook and sling them into the gaps of the weeds. Crawl them over pads like a frog, etc. When the tide is going out, present it in ambush areas near where the current is flowing out of the weeds.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Originally posted by mepps3 View Post
      Those should work fine. Rig them weedless and weightless with a 3/O hook and sling them into the gaps of the weeds. Crawl them over pads like a frog, etc. When the tide is going out, present it in ambush areas near where the current is flowing out of the weeds.
      Thank you Sir.
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Been out to Chapel Point a couple times this year and have recently gotten into the cats fairly good there. One thing is that there is a commercial net crossing the deepest part of the channel and has been up for over a month now. Definitely impacting the cat fishing there... :-(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
        Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Thanks for that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Had a good trip. Absolutely no fish to show for it, but a good trip anyway. Took my emotion tandem so my buddy could join me. He has never been in a yak. We soaked some stinky bait up and down the area. Nothing. Lots of eagles to watch though. He loved it. Said he will be picking up a yak of his own soon. Good paddle for me. I felt more like a guide. Took him all around the banks trying to find any thing that was hungry. Flipping spinners and swimming minnows. I know now to check the tides before hand. First time to chapel point and getting skunked. Great to be out though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
            X