A week in Baltimore!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A week in Baltimore!!

I will be staying in Baltimore for work while my normal ride is on Vacation and will be bringing my kayak along. I know very little about fishing around there and would like some input on some good areas to hit. tell me all your secret spots. lol

What type of fishing are you looking for?
    Is proximity to where you are staying a concern?

Lots of places for various species within a hour drive of Baltimore. There is a link for launch sites in a stickied post that might help as a start. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/boatramps.asp
    Mike

Comment

Jeston, Loch Raven offers some good fishing but I know that you have to have a permit to put a kayak in there. They rent little jon boats with a trolling motor for pretty cheap if you want to go that route. There are some places to fish from shore so thats an option too. Mariner point park is not far from Baltimore, you can launch there and head to the joppatowne quarry from there which offers some good fishing.

Comment

When? There are lots of great spots with a 1/2 or less from Baltimore but when you will be here dictates where.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

yeah i guess i should have mentioned when ill be down there. it will be the middle of may. 12th through the 19th and will be in Rosedale and the Hotel im in is up around Towson. i usually get off work at about 430 so have from then til about dark. i have done little tidal fishing so im guessing ill have to pick up some different stuff if im going to go in the harbor or like hanover street bridge. i dont want to go out too far by myself cuz i dont really know what to expect. i was just on google maps and some of the coves look good, lots of docks.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ba...4896a84223e758

but i could paddle around there all week and not catch anything I dont know. i would love to land my first striper in my kayak. where will they be at around then??

thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
          X