X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge at Brown's Bridge

Got loaded up early:

Got to the water:

Only one fish, but this is the first Northern Pike I've ever landed in my life. Caught it on a Rattlin' Rapala, on my ultralight spinning rod with 2 pound test mono and no leader.

Of course I was with my daughter again, and she wanted to hold it for a picture too.

Saw one HUGE (in my eyes) bass come up and take a look at my Norman Middle N crank bait, looked to be easily 22 inches. Less than 2 feet of water, close to the bank in some sticks/downed tree. Had one fish on and got off, I'm guessing it was a small bass...didn't see it. Water was pretty dirty, not sure if it's from the rain last night. The wind was a pain this afternoon, it wouldn't be bad if it could pick one direction to blow from, but it seemed to change directions and blow toward the bank every time we would get situated to fish a spot. By 4pm it finally picked a direction to blow from and it was strong enough to convince us to call it a day.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Nice! I didnt know the gorge had pike

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That fish has had some problems. The bottom of it's mouth (lower jaw) already had a the hole you can see with my daughter holding it. I has some marks on both sides too. I can't tell where it came from, it looks like it goes from one side to the other as if a large fish with sharp teeth grabbed it from the top.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Great catch! Your Jeep looks tuff with that Hobie on top
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

congrats on the Northern! they are always a fun surprise on the WSSC lakes
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
            Great catch! Your Jeep looks tuff with that Hobie on top
            Thanks! I might need pink pool noodles to tame down the toughness...fish are skeered.
            Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
            congrats on the Northern! they are always a fun surprise on the WSSC lakes
            It was definitely a surprise.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
            X