04/20 - Beverly Triton Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04/20 - Beverly Triton Beach

Catching up on fishing reports this weekend! For my first Striper trip of the year, I returned to the place I have had the most luck! It was pretty windy but not bad enough for me to abort the trip. I caught 25 dinks in the 14" range with a couple that might have been 18"ers. No Trophies. More details in the blog post below:

http://cymbulapiscator.blogspot.com/...ly-triton.html
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Mostly the same for me yesterday. No strikes for me in the channel, but plenty of marks of bait with some larger arches mixed in. The head boats sounded like they were doing well by all the hooting and hollering with every trolling pass. I tried a tube and worm with 4oz of weight and I also tried a 1.5oz tandem bucktail rig with a 2oz trolling weight. It was hard to determine what depth I was running since I am not used to trolling that deep. A few times I came up with leaves and jelly slime not even realizing I must have bottomed out during my pass.

I then switched to something more productive and I have much more confidence in. Another bucktail tandem rig, but the heads were roadrunner heads...they make a difference. One at 1oz and the trailer head at 1/4 oz. My first pass in 25 FOW produced a 21" striper, but my luck quickly came to a halt. I finally decided to troll my Lucky craft 100sp in shallow water closer to launch and was catching 2-3 schoolies on each pass. It was a blast, but nothing over 15 inches.

Yakkinfish18 (Rob) and Yakhooker19 (Shane) joined up since they were fishing the MSSA tourney and was trying for a trophy. They both really loved the launch. You really can't be the beauty and convenience of Beverly Triton Beach. I am thinking this launch is going to take over 2nd place (Jonas Green) on my top five launching areas!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

How much does Beverly Triton beach cost these days?

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

It's free! I think it is closed on Tuesdays and sometimes closed for the occasional goose hunt. The gate to access the inside of the park opens at 7am, but the park ranger usually does not show up till 7:30am. You can drive down a gravel road, park and unload...but you MUST drive you vehicle back up to the park entrance and leave your car there. The parking pad by the water is strictly for loading and unloading of the kayak. There are some designated parking areas inside the gate by the road, with a port-a-pot...or park just outside of the gates closer to the road. It's self explanatory once you see.

It's a beautiful launch into big water, or you can paddle a mile north and enter the South River at it's mouth.

Originally posted by john from md View Post
        How much does Beverly Triton beach cost these days?

John
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Wow, that is great! It used to cost something like $75 a year to use the place.

Thanks,

John
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Hey Sparky,

The Anne Arundel Parks web site says it is $60 for a summer launch permit? You said it is free. Can you clarify?

John
            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

A permit will allow you to park closer to the water. You can still do what you need to do without the permit and park up top

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk
              2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that for me Jeremy. Hopefully I will be able to get out there next weekend.

John
                John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Looks like you guys had some nice pullage in numbers of catches.

Mobile Phone

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

do you have any problems with community people giving you dirty looks? Was reading an article about how the locals have claimed the beach and don't look too kindly to outsiders.

Comment

I read the same, but no...haven't noticed. It's early when we get there, so the locals are still asleep. When we return we usually get nice comments about our yaks, never felt uncomfortable.

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk
                      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks for the info Sparky. I will have to try that launch sometime early in early June. I think it is only 35 minutes from house.

Comment

Beverly Beach and Beverly-Triton Park are two different places. The Park is open to the public and as far as I know it is free. Beverly Beach is a Private Community, residents only. The Park is a very good launch place, my only caution would be when you park be sure no valuables are left in sight, there have been some problems, not at this park but at some that have "Ball Fields" have had there cars broken into. Just a reminder. There is no public access from the Beverly Beach side, only access is from the Beverly-Triton Park side where the launch site is. If you are coming east on Rt# 214 stay to the left at the "Fork" at Lou's Stop and Shop (the corner store) and follow it straight for about a mile until it makes a 90 degree turn to the left, the gate will be on your right. This is also the site of one of the "Managed Deer Hunts" in the fall.

eyedaddy
                          Last edited by eyedaddy; 05-11-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X