Skunked thread - Post your skunks here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunked thread - Post your skunks here

Ok, If you read the posts, it looks like everyone reels in 3-4 rockfish every time they go out. Is that true, or do folks only post when they are successful?

Here's a thread to sum up all the less than successful days. If you're embarrassed to post, send be a PM and I'll anonymize it.

TEMPLATE:
    Date:
    Where:
    Intent:
    Techniques/Lures/Baits:
    Evidence fish were in the area:
    Analysis:

Date: 5/2
    Where: Bay @ fishing creek
    Intent: Large Rock
    Techniques/Lures/Baits: Trolling: 6" Shad, 6" spoon, 2* 4" plastics - 2 rods with tandems.
    Evidence fish were in the area: Surface action - No FF contracts
    Analysis: 1st trip of the year, strong off-shore wind limited area to shallows, never see anything on the FF in the shallows.
    TwinBeachBum - Cluttering up north and Chesapeake beach since the mid-80's
    Wilderness systems Pamlico tandem, Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Please support my Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting Johns Hopkins Cancer Center and others

Date: couple weeks ago
    Where: Leesylvania
    Intent: Snakehead
    Techniques/Lure/Baits: chatter bait & swim bait
    I got couple of hits but no hook up. I saw some spawning carp leaping out of water. No freaking SH

Date: about a week ago
    Where: Pohick Bay
    Intent: Snakehead
    Techniques: chatter bait & swim bait
    I got couple nice fat belly spawning bass. No freaking SH

Extra note: I've fishing for shad frequently at Occoquan. Shad at Occoquan is pretty much done after the heavy rain but I saw some SH there perking its ugly face out of the water. Couple people also report people catching SH along the rock area. I think SH is there waiting for shads as well, that would explain why there are a lot of them near Chain bridge around Fletcher's house. Next Spring, I'm gonna throw some shad swim bait to test out my theory.

Comment

Working...
    X