• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite place to fish for:

What's your favorite place to fish for;

1)Bass
    2)snakehead

I'm kind of new to Maryland and am looking for some new good locations. I love Mattawoman but it's been slow lately.

For Snakehead, go anywhere else that looks like Mattawoman..... Lots of Lilies or Spatterdock..... Grass beds that flood on the high tide..... and non-moving almost stagnant water..... They have no competition in the stagnant waters.

For Bass.....just about anywhere else.

Sorry bout the non-specific areas. Not going to spot burn.
    Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
    WS Ride 115 Mango
    WS Tarpon 100

Comment

I look at google maps for southern Maryland. Tons of feeds and bays off of the Potomac. I plan on hitting the fort Washington area in the near future.
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by Scope View Post
        What's your favorite place to fish for;

1)Bass
        2)snakehead

I'm kind of new to Maryland and am looking for some new good locations. I love Mattawoman but it's been slow lately.
        Have you tried Mallows Bay? Very interesting place. In 1924 large number of wooden steamships that never were used in WW2 were anchored here for dismantling. Definitely a sight to see.

There's a nice free kayak launch that puts you on Mallows Creek. Nice calm water fishing there. LMB, YP, Striper, Blue Cat, & Snakehead can be found there. In my opinion this is where the action is at Mallows Bay.

If you decide to paddle out into the Potomac, this is where this graveyard is... be careful. Years ago, these boats were burned down to the waterline leaving large expose bolts sticking up. These things can gouge the heck out of anything polyethylene.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyYeWW13sg

That is so cool, and fairly close to me as well. Definitely taking the family there. Thank you for sharing that.

found this too.......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by clm; 05-13-2014, 09:14 AM.
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
          X