fishing venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing venture

I have had a yak for 2yrs and only been out a few times and havent caught anything yet. I have off the next 5 days before I start my new job and live in Harford County, and was wondering if the Flats would still be worth trying out? Or if someone would like to meet up?

Thanks,
    Jeff

What kind of fish are you after? The flats are closed to striper fishing until Friday 5/16. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/mapindex/bass.asp

It's certainly not the only type of fish there but you do not want to be caught targeting them. I've heard the bass fishing at the flats is great too but I have only tried there for stripers so far.
    Mike

Comment

But, if you can wait until Friday, May 16, I'd bet you could troll Xraps and find a keeper...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Don of Susquehanna River Fishing Club (SRFC) announced that he is yakking for Stripers on the flats Saturday and Sunday morning and that anyone is welcome to join him. Check out his Facebook page and make contact with him if you want. Nice guy and a really good fisherman. He can show you the ropes.

Comment

Thanks guys.....just became a memeber of SRFC on facebook.

Comment

Working...
          X