05/12/14 Mattawoman Snakehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05/12/14 Mattawoman Snakehead

I worked very hard to catch one Snakehead last year, but I'm off to a good start this year! I caught two Snakehead on swimming flukes and 3 Largemouth this trip. For those interested in the long version of the report, here is the blog post:

http://cymbulapiscator.blogspot.com/...ead-md_12.html
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Great blog report. I hate driving down Indian Head Highway. There needs to be a highway built that doesn't have any traffic lights.

So what color fluke was successful for you?
    Thanks,

Comment

Wow. Good job Eric.
      Interesting what you said about your snakehead chasing the swimming lure in open water. A friend of mine who fishes Pohick for snakehead told me last week that he catches his on a chartruese bomber shallow-running crankbait.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Eric,

You do a wonderful job with your blog reports.

Very descriptive and your photography is excellent.

Congrats on your catches.

But I am more than happy to leave the snakeheads to you and others. They are nasty looking creatures.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          Great blog report. I hate driving down Indian Head Highway. There needs to be a highway built that doesn't have any traffic lights.

So what color fluke was successful for you?
          Thanks,
          Dan, I got both Snakeheads on white ones and one of the bass on Houdini colored.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
            Wow. Good job Eric.
            Interesting what you said about your snakehead chasing the swimming lure in open water. A friend of mine who fishes Pohick for snakehead told me last week that he catches his on a chartruese bomber shallow-running crankbait.
            Buzz, yea, I still have lots to figure out on their patterns. The bigger one that was back in the pads farther had an empty stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Eric,

You do a wonderful job with your blog reports.

Very descriptive and your photography is excellent.

Congrats on your catches.

But I am more than happy to leave the snakeheads to you and others. They are nasty looking creatures.

Thanks for the kind words Mark... the Snakehead are so tasty though!

Comment

Nice Job!
                2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice report Eric, thanks. I launched at the 225 bridge today just after noon hoping to get my first snakehead and much to my surprise I got 3 big blue cats. On a shallow diving ckankbait no less. I was totally surprised by that, do you catch them regularly while fishing for snakehead? I was also surprised by the blue cats power, wow they're strong!

Sent from my Tricorder
                  Mike
                  Feelfree Lure 11.5
                  Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Your report got me amped up, awesome trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    -Dan Goddard, 2014 desert camo Jackson Big Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Nice report Eric, thanks. I launched at the 225 bridge today just after noon hoping to get my first snakehead and much to my surprise I got 3 big blue cats. On a shallow diving ckankbait no less. I was totally surprised by that, do you catch them regularly while fishing for snakehead? I was also surprised by the blue cats power, wow they're strong!

Sent from my Tricorder
                      Mike, I catch catfish frequently here. Seems like there are a lot of them! I've run into commercial catfisherman here as well. I caught one last week dragging a worm between spots that was pretty big. I've caught them on Swimbaits, Rattletraps, worms, gulp swim mullets and creature baits. They also have White catfish in there. If you catch one with a gigantic head, that's probably a white.It seems like they can go hunting when they feel like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X