20 May fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 May fishing

I am looking to get my yak in the water SOMEWHERE tomorrow. I am not really particular where I put in, as long as it is near a place that I have a likely chance of hooking into fish. I went to Mattawoman on Saturday and the weather was great but the water conditions were so dirty it was ridiculous. There were only a few fish caught among the HUGE group we had out there. Any ideas of where to go and/or anyone want to go with?

Heard Mallows bay was looking okay. I went fishing in my buddy's bass boat in the Bushwood area of the Wicomico and the water looked pretty good. We caught some croaker and catfish, bite was okay just not as explosive as we had hoped. I would suggest those two places.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

I forgot to mention that I have to drop off my son in the morning at school so I can't really go all that far. I live in Severna Park MD and drop him off at Fort Meade area for school at 0730 or so. I guess I would need a place a little more local, but thanks for the info, I might go to one of these places soon.

Comment

Tridelphia is in good shape, at least the lower end is...if fresh water is an option for you. I'll be at work...
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I'll be hitting Tridelphia on Wednesday
          Ryan
          BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
          Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

Tridelphia would be an option but I thought you had to have a special permit for that....I don't have it and don't really want to get it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Tridelphia would be an option but I thought you had to have a special permit for that....I don't have it and don't really want to get it right now.
              You can get a one day permit online for about $8 or a season permit for $70.

Mobile

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

You have to get a WSSC use permit. They are $70 for the year...unless you're military or 65 years old, then they're free. You can also get a one day pass for $6. The passes are available through the WSSC website, which is convenient, but cost a $1.50 admin fee.

Funny how the admin fee only applies if you enter all the information on your home computer, but if you go to the Briton Damn and have a WSSC employee do the typing, there's no admin fee. lol
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I am military so that might work. I also thought that once you put your yak in there you aren't supposed to put it in anywhere else...that sounds like a bad idea to me.

Comment

I am military so that might work. I also thought that once you put your yak in there you aren't supposed to put it in anywhere else...that sounds like a bad idea to me.
                    Does not apply to Tridelphia or Rocky Gorge (the WSSC lakes).

That is for Liberty, Prettyboy and LochRaven.
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Can you fish rocky gorge for free if you are military as well? I have fished there before but always from land. I would like to fish it from my yak.

Comment

I don't know if you can get the free pass on the website, you might have to go to the office at Brighton Damn...but if you go to Tridelphia the office is right there, and I think they'll be open at the time frame you're going to be getting there. It only takes a couple minutes get the permit in the office.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Can you fish rocky gorge for free if you are military as well? I have fished there before but always from land. I would like to fish it from my yak.
                          Yes, the WSSC pass is for Tridelphia and Rocky Gorge. You're supposed to have a pass for the shore and picnic areas too. I haven't been checked this year, but got checked several times when I was stationed here before.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                          X