A quick striper fishing trip - Breezy Point, May 20, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick striper fishing trip - Breezy Point, May 20, 2014

This was my rare striper fishing - meaning a trip targeting stripers only.

I had a half day off. Breezy Point is only 3.5 gallons away. So I brought my neighbor and my go to trolling lures before Bluefish arrive in the upper/mid Chesapeake Bay.
    Breezy Point is my home water. Even though I've fished less than 2-3 times a year there since I had converted to Kayak-fishing from power boat fishing, because I fished there before, Breezy point is still my home water.

I knew where to fish. It was a quick trip:
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Very nice. Never been there, but I just looked at map and it looks very close to me as well so I may go try it. Do you launch at the marina boat ramp or is there a soft launch somewhere?

I like those lures you used. I caught one of my largest stripers ever on those, just shy of citation size.

Comment

Nice catch ComeOnFish.

After getting tossed around by the charter boats up at CB, I was thinking about trying Breezy Point too.
      I was looking at going there last fall and mapped out some waypoints to troll the fish haven on the west side of the western channel boundary.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Nice catch. I've been out of breezy point many times but only in a power boat and only had luck live-lining. What depth were you at? That close to the cliffs it had to be about 20' or so...
        Jaryd

Corfton, Md

Ocean Kayak Prowler 15

Ocean Kayak Scrambler

Comment

Nice catch also. I have been meaning to try Breezy Point at sometime. Maybe I can hook up with you. The last time that we fished together was with Mustafa at the Occoquan for crappie and you were showing me your helmetcam.

Comment

That was a nice video and fish! I think I will have to get out there and try to get in on that action as well!

Comment

I will post croaker and striper locations (kayak reachable) hopefully this afternoon.
              joe
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I think I am about to head there now to try for a few hours. Wind is supposed to kick up this afternoon through Saturday and want to do some fishing before it starts.

Comment

Hi Joe,

I just want to let you know, and I am sure it is true for others on this forum of "Sanggedline University", that we enjoy and appreciate all of your informational videos and reports. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                    Hi Joe,

I just want to let you know, and I am sure it is true for others on this forum of "Sanggedline University", that we enjoy and appreciate all of your informational videos and reports. Thanks a lot.
                    I agree Joe. Your videos are one of the reasons I got into this sport and I continue to learn more and more from them each time you post one. Thank you.
                    Jaryd

Corfton, Md

Ocean Kayak Prowler 15

Ocean Kayak Scrambler

Comment

Keep up the good works " MAESTRO "

Comment

Fished there this morning from 8:30-1. Trolled out and to 2nd buoy on the left, then back in closer to cliffs. Tried parachutes with white and chartreuse 9" swim shad, bkds on spro jig heads, and gulp on jig heads. Also tried small gulp, paddletails, a couple slow sinking hard plastics in closer to shore. No fish for me, but it is definitely a great spot. Plus, only about 6 gallons of fuel roundtrip on the truck.

It definitely stays very deep from the 2nd can all the way in pretty close to shore in front of the first set of cliffs on the left. Thanks for posting, it is a great spot that I never really thought of trying before. I just wish they had a pet beach to take my dogs.

Oh, and I talked to a dnr biologist there. She was doing a survey and said the boats that had success went south from the launch, but not many fish caught today. One boat limited out with 6 early in the morning. She said largest fish coming in was only 25".

Comment

Thinking of trying it tomorrow or Sunday.
                          Is there a launch fee?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                            Thinking of trying it tomorrow or Sunday.
                            Is there a launch fee?
                            $10 ramp fee.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                              $10 ramp fee.
                              Thanks John

Comment

Working...
                              X