Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frogsauce Launch Notices (Chesapeake Beach)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you can switch to zman swimbait, its more durable vs blue.

Comment

Well, at one point a blue took a bite at the plastic stringer loop that had fallen overboard and was being dragged behind me. So I might just try welding a piece of metal to a hook and dragging it behind me. haha

Comment

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
        Try putting a stinger hook on the end of those soft plastics. You'll save a lot of lures that way and catch some blues at the same time.
        That's not a bad idea even for the stripes. I'm gonna rig one of those up too and try that.

Comment

Oh yeah, the spoon really did a good job on those blues. Kept one for the wife to try sashimi. She said it was really good.

Comment

I lost two spoons to cownose rays! Got about 15 keeper perch. I need to come over and get some blues for the smoker! Got checked out by dnr. Another set ok kayakers got busted for no license
            Cuda 14
            Big tuna

Comment

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
              Try putting a stinger hook on the end of those soft plastics. You'll save a lot of lures that way and catch some blues at the same time.
              I'm going to have to try this too. I had a LOT of missed bites where the tail got pulled down to the bend of the hook today. The zMan plastic doesn't have any marks on it, but as tough as they are it's tough to tell what was biting it. Goody got at least two blues today, I can't imagine I didn't miss some; I had more hits than hook ups...especially on the jig.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Might join you today I want to catch a blue!
                Cuda 14
                Big tuna

Comment

I already went out today, but I'm going to go again tonight for some night time fishing. No blues this morning, hopefully lots of croakers tonight though.

Comment

The croakers did seem to bite better at night. I caught a huge ray that pretty much ended the trip though. He got snagged on my bottom rig...

Comment

The blues are still at Chesapeake Beach. Caught on 1oz and 3/4oz spoons.

Comment

Went out last night from about 8 to 11 and caught several hardhead in the 12"-15" range. A strong flashlight seemed to bring in the spot, but had little or no effect on croaker, they seemed to bite no matter what the lighting condition was. I threw back anything under 11", but still came home with fillets.

Comment

Was catching 17"-21" Stripers on 1oz and 3/4oz spoons in about 5' of water trolling 3.5-4 mph. Only 2 keepers though.

Comment

Ran into Longtrav out there today with his little one! Catching stripers and blues on spoons still.

I want to get out into the mud flats and try for some flounder soon. A couple of the charter boat captains said they pulled in a couple from the usual spot fishing area just outside our beach.

Comment

Nice seeing you on the water. Fun fishing even though we did't land a keeper rock. The blues will do well on the smoker. The flounder action sounds cool!
                              Cuda 14
                              Big tuna

Comment

The stripers weren't biting in their usual spot, but the blues were out in force.

Comment

Working...
                                X