Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frogsauce Launch Notices (Chesapeake Beach)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
    Really...now I really need to get some. Although, I don't have a smoker...guess I'll need to remedy that also.
    Wood chunks on a Weber kettle will fix that. Or if you have gas maybe couple of these.
    Smoke In A Cup
    715xd6QKH4L._SX522_.jpg
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Tempura fried bluefish tastes great. And bluefish sashimi is also great (though I don't eat it, wife does). Smaller bluefish under 20" or so are less oily than their larger brethren.

Comment

Just posted this in another thread...

Bluefish Masgouf is phenomenal IMHO

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...Double-Masgouf
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

When you split the bluefish for masgouf do you still cut out the dark meat?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
            When you split the bluefish for masgouf do you still cut out the dark meat?
            No the dark meat is on the skin side so I can't reach it since I leave the skin and scales intact.

Since it's a very bloody fish I do wash it well until the meat is close to white. The benefit of Masgouf is it's perfect for oily fish since everything drips off while it's slow roasting.

Hope that helps
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I've been cutting the dark meat out of bluefish all my life. Probably the main reason I throw most of them back.
              But I will have to try it your way. Cutting that dark meat out is a pain in the .....

Thanks Mustafa.

Comment

I try to keep them alive on a stringer as long as possible, but if I can't, I cut the head and take out the guts ASAP. Getting them on ice in a hurry is important too. But anything under 20" is not as oily as people scream about.

Comment

Also, me and Peggy went and caught some blues and stripers yesterday evening. Got to see that propel in action. Looks very useful!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                    Also, me and Peggy went and caught some blues and stripers yesterday evening. Got to see that propel in action. Looks very useful!
                    Keepers?
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

A few in the legal range for sure, but I only keep them over 15". Only one that size on this trip, but I still have a bunch of bluefish in the freezer. I did catch the smallest striper I ever caught before though. 12" and tried to swallow a 4" spoon, haha!

Comment

12" is a monster compared to my smallest striper, I got one last week that was about 7".
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Well, I might not be headed out tonight. But I am going to try and fish the night tomorrow night (Fri) to see if there are still big croakers out there. The wind looks like it might be high, but I plan on using that to sail back to shore. Anyone who wants to fish on the wild side is welcome to join me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                            Well, I might not be headed out tonight. But I am going to try and fish the night tomorrow night (Fri) to see if there are still big croakers out there. The wind looks like it might be high, but I plan on using that to sail back to shore. Anyone who wants to fish on the wild side is welcome to join me.
                            How far out do you go? And what kinda sail do you have? I was thinking of getting sail for my Trident as well

Comment

I go out about 800 to 1500 meters (in the 17-25ft water). I have the WindPaddle sail. Great when the wind is at your back, not for full sailing. My windsurfing rig got sold when I left Japan. I regret that often.

Comment

Caught several big blues trolling out in the deeper waters yesterday evening. Then I went out to several of my known good croaker spots and only caught flounder. All night long, not a single bite from croaker or spot. Not sure if that means they have moved on or what.

Comment

Working...
                                X