Mattawoman 5/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 5/24

Launched at the 225 bridge around 0630 and fished my way down to the barge and then back up leaving at 1500 or so. Pretty good bass bite at times with around a dozen landed, a bunch of missed strikes and some thrown hooks. Also managed some crappie, a yellow perch and a bullhead. All fish seem to be moving into post spawn habits. Got a few of the bass on topwater but most came on small soft plastics fished around gravel. Probably the males guarding the nests. Biggest crappie, most were 9-11 inches

Most bass were in the 14 inch range but I did pick up a couple better fish

Chimo

That's a nice crappie! Bass are good too.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice catch.

Sent from my PalmPilot
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Nice big bass!
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Was out there for 12 hours on Friday. Bite was as described, except I caught 4 on a buzz bait, spaced out all day. Last one on top was at 1600.
          2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

Pretty work, Wayne. Nice bunch of species, too. I didn't catch many crappie this year, so it's good to hear there are some nice ones still in the Mattawoman. Any snakehead sitings?
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Nice Bass!!
              2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                Any snakehead sitings?
                Not in the last couple trips, I'm wondering if they are spawning or???

Chimo

Comment

Left Towson at 3:30am and I launched from Slavins at 5:00am last Sunday and only managed one LMB in the yak while missing on about a half dozen strikes. Didn't see any snakeheads and I was really hoping to land one. Fished the shorelines and lily pads at low tide with not a single snakehead in sight. Saw plenty of carp though and saw what I believed was a striper in the shallows. Some of the glitter rockets were a bit annoying as they seemed to feel like they had the right of way over those of us in the yaks.

image.jpg
                  Dave N.
                  Wilderness Systems Radar 115
                  - Solar

Comment

Hello! nice catched. I'm a new member, can you tell me the brand of lures you used and the address where you launched your kayak. Looking forward...

Comment

Nice catch! I'm looking forward to getting back down there.
                      -Mike
                      Mike
                      Feelfree Lure 11.5
                      Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Working...
                      X