Jones point park 5/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones point park 5/26

Launched around 0600 and paddled across the Potomac to explore a couple if the small bays on the far side. I was fishing blind(no electronics) so I just kind of worked my way around. Started in the first bay up from the bridge and then worked under 295 into the next bay. An amazing amount of trash was on the banks and the carp were thrashing all over the place as they get ready to spawn otherwise it was a pretty quiet morning. I was able to find a couple small bass, a dozen crappies and one small channel cat while fishing bays. Here's the best crappie, most were in the 10-11 inch range On my way back to the bridge I caught a new species to me.... Any ideas??? Spent the last couple hours soaking cut bait at the bridge. The usual suspects were around with most blue cats being 18-20"s and the biggest being 23"

Chimo

Looked at some photos online and think my mystery fish might be a quill back sucker.

Chimo

Comment

Yea, I was going to suggest quillback too. Felt like having a paddle today? Maybe I should give my tarpon some time on the water again soon...

Sent from the water.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

How close were you to blue plains? There are a lot of Koi fish around there in many color variations

Comment

chimo, random question, what makes you decide which kayak you take out, paddle vs peddle?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
            chimo, random question, what makes you decide which kayak you take out, paddle vs peddle?
            If Im dealing with shallow water and lots of vegetation or other under water obstructions I pick up the paddle. The mirage drive gets beaten up enough as it is. If I'm livelining at the bridge I'll take the paddle yak sometimes because it's easier to duck around the pylons and chase the rock that wrap me up.

Chimo

Comment

It looks like some kind of drum?

mysteryfish.jpg
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
              X