Green haven wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green haven wharf

Fished stoney creek today, caught 6 perch, one sunfish using small paddle tail and green twister tail grubs, good to get out but really windy.All fish were small but at least the bite is starting to pick up on the perch.

Metalman - Everyone is waiting for the wperch to get back to their summer haunts in the creeks. They (and a lot of other stuff) seem to be well behind schedule this year... just like my tomatoes are.

How was the water clarity in Stoney Creek? Seems like the water clarity in the Patapsco is better than expected in-spite of all the rain and flooding we've had this spring. I stopped in The Harbor Hospital the other day and I was pleasantly surprised that I could see down at least 3'.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I fished stoney creek yesterday also. Water was clear but still a lot of debris and a few dead fish floating. Caught good numbers of perch near drawbridge but not the size I'm used to this time of year on a good note lots of grass growing in places i'm not used to seeing it.
      D Hawk
      Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
      Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Yeah water was pretty clear,never seen that much grass there in the past, it was every where i fished.

Comment

Originally posted by dhawk View Post
          I fished stoney creek yesterday also. Water was clear but still a lot of debris and a few dead fish floating. Caught good numbers of perch near drawbridge but not the size I'm used to this time of year on a good note lots of grass growing in places i'm not used to seeing it.
          I think the extra high tides we've had the past week has refloated a lot of woody plant and plastic debris. That stuff looks messy alright but really doesn't affect water quality all that much. But if you are seeing a lot of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation (aka: SAVs) growing then that as good an indicator as any that water vis is better than usual.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Some of the coves that are usually mud flats now have SAVs covering them and the tides have pushed up debris the beach I had clean before the holiday now needs another raking
            D Hawk
            Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
            Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Working...
            X