Spot for Live Lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot for Live Lining

Has anyone had any luck catching spot this year? I usually buy form Anglers in Annapolis but they still dont have them stocked. Im going out of Breezy Point this saturday and I'd like to do some live lining.

Thanks
    Jaryd

Corfton, Md

Ocean Kayak Prowler 15

Ocean Kayak Scrambler

I was catching them further south on bloodworms around pilings and rocks in depths from 5 - 13 feet.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I caught spot around Sandy Point, BUT they are eating size. 5 - 10.5" caught. Not small like they were last year.
      The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

I caught a few around the mouth of the Severn last weekend but it took a long time. They dont seem to be very thick yet.

Comment

I caught around 5 last week at around 21' on blood worms just off Chesapeake beach.

Comment

Try around the pound nets inside Poplar I.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Kerchner View Post
              Try around the pound nets inside Poplar I.
              Sorry Phil but I have no idea what that means lol.
              Jaryd

Corfton, Md

Ocean Kayak Prowler 15

Ocean Kayak Scrambler

Comment

Jaryd - my apologies. I'm not sure where you're launching, but the area around the pound nets on the Tilghman Island side of Poplar Island is a good area to catch Spot. I'd think the same would hold true over in the shallower areas on the Western Shore.

Comment

Working...
                X