a fish is a fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a fish is a fish

I've been wanting to get my wife onto the water with me ever since I bought my yak last year. So the other day, we went to Dicks and picked up a pelican 10 ft SOT kayak for her.
    Yesterday was the maiden voyege. This trip was all about her first paddling excursion. Not a fishing trip. BUT, I had to have at least one rod with me, right?????

Launched from Mariner Point. Soon after she got her paddling down, I made a cast. Light rod, beetle spin. Got bit by a white perch. Nothing huge, but it was the first fish of the year.

But the real good news is.....she absolutely loved being out there. Even helped with the loading and unloading, which was kinda nice.
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Next time give her a pole and see if you talk her into fishing. Baby steps
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
      Next time give her a pole and see if you talk her into fishing. Baby steps
      We'll get to that. Right now, we're thinking "crabs". Next trip, she'll have some hand lines in the water while I fish. Probably someplace on around Kent Island.

Comment

May sure you have some way to contain your catch. Loose crabs in a kayak is a bad thing.
        TwinBeachBum - Cluttering up north and Chesapeake beach since the mid-80's
        Wilderness systems Pamlico tandem, Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Please support my Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting Johns Hopkins Cancer Center and others

Comment

Yeah a good pair of crab gloves and tongs comes in handy. Good hands or crab ally are good spots to launch but get there early it gets crowded fast.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Shooting for a trip to Good Hands during the upcoming week.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl330 View Post
              I've been wanting to get my wife onto the water with me ever since I bought my yak last year. So the other day, we went to Dicks and picked up a pelican 10 ft SOT kayak for her.
              Yesterday was the maiden voyege. This trip was all about her first paddling excursion. Not a fishing trip. BUT, I had to have at least one rod with me, right?????

Launched from Mariner Point. Soon after she got her paddling down, I made a cast. Light rod, beetle spin. Got bit by a white perch. Nothing huge, but it was the first fish of the year.

But the real good news is.....she absolutely loved being out there. Even helped with the loading and unloading, which was kinda nice.
              Just remember the word of blues artist Taj Mahal (the Fishing Blues)

"I betcha' goin' fishin' all o' the time
              Baby goin' fishin' too
              Bet you life, your sweet wife
              Is gonna catch more fish than you!"
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
              X