Mattawoman 6/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 6/14

Got down to Mattawoman to fish the high tide. Launched at 7:00 a.m. Lot of boats and a several kayaks. Wind was really blowing hard. I had to use the stake out pole a lot. A wind chute would have maybe helped too. Had one blowup on the topwater frog from Matt Baden, but no hookup.
    Finally made it to the barge and found some refuge from the wind. Caught two bass in the back corner on a chartreuse chatterbait. Both were 12-14". Caught them throwing toward the bank and bringing back toward the pads.

Got a 17-18" snakehead on a purple Zoom worm that was rigged with a weighted hook.

Stayed until 11 a.m. and the wind was blowing pretty hard, so I decided to call it a day.

Overall a nice day at Mattawoman, really wanted to make it down to Jane's Island for specks and reds, but I imagine the wind was rough down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice fish....nice morning!

Comment

Congrats on the Snakehead! How did you cook him?
        2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
        Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

The last one I caught I fried half and pan seared half. It was great fried. May do that again. They are good about any way you eat them!

Comment

Nice Job!
            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I was able to make it the same day, but I put in where MD-225 crosses over the Mattawoman. I hadn't fished the Mattawoman since I moved out of state nearly threes ago (now I'm back), forgot how much pressure it receives. Between three anglers we managed to catch two bass each, and I caught a small rockfish way up the creek. We caught all the lmb on senkos and the rockfish on rattletrap. 2014-06-14 13.22.16.jpg 2014-06-14 13.17.07.jpg20140614_100615.jpg20140614_135620.jpg

Comment

Nice fish!

Comment

Nice job guys! Thanks for the pics.

Looks like a nice place to spend a morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X