Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beverly-Triton Beach Park 6/15/2014... warm water.. lots of sun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly-Triton Beach Park 6/15/2014... warm water.. lots of sun...

Beverly-Triton Beach Park 6/15/2014

What a beautiful day... been since December that I got out..
    Wanted to try for Yellow Perch... and Pickerel earlier this year... but, well you know how it goes...

Ranger got there promptly at 7am... I was already loading the kayak in case he was late
    so that I could get on the water as soon as possible considering high tide was about 7:30
    in Annapolis...

Ranger advised me to close the gate after I got in... ok.. cool. Did that... but after leaving around
    1:30pm... there was at least a dozen cars in the "in" lot and the "out" lot and the gate was open.
    So if you go early... and nobody is around... I guess we are supposed to close the gate.

No other fisher'yakers... but a few ocean yaker's cars as I left. Person on the beach said I was
    the only fisherman that went out today.
    Didn't see any other yakers around, but person on the beach said the ocean yakers were headed
    to Thomas Point Light. I was close enough to see if anybody made it there... but probably the winds
    and waves turned them to South River for a beer and a snack. Them ocean yakers can cover some kinda'
    distance. Especially compared to my 10foot Perception... aka Tugboat :-)

Beauuutifullll day.

Took me longer than usual to get going since I hadn't been out in so long...
    Long story short...
    Calm winds hardly no boat traffic as I headed to my desination Thomas Point... (not the Lighthouse).
    Stopped for a snack before crossing the South River... put out some bottom fishing lines with Fishbites
    bloodworms... no takers.
    There was significant activity on the sonar. Thought at least something....
    Tossed out some white 4" Gulp mullet... caught a Rock about 17 inches...

Made my across to Thomas Point... worked the shoal for a while trolling.. about to give up
    But caught two more 17" Rock.... winds picked up got real sloppy wave wise... kind of weird waves..
    But I have no knowledge of this area so I don't know... probably because it's a point.. tides changing,
    and boat traffic picking up.

Sort of nasty coming back to Beverly... crossing the South River was like a handicap person trying
    to walk across an eight lane highway. Funky waves, southwest wind...
    Go figure.. Sunday, Father's Day.. and I'm spoiled by usually
    fishing mid week.

Great day... fun times... got some pics... maybe post later.

Happy as can be to get back on the water !
    And I'm happy to get the fish my first day back this year... didn't expect it..

R.

Thanks for the report. Heading down there in the am.

Comment

Working...
    X