non kayak report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non kayak report

Chartered a boat out of the magothy called "Down Time", with Capt. Frank Tuma.
    Just had an awesome day. And the subject of Kayak fishing came up too. Frank knows John Veil.
    rock trip 009.jpgrock trip 009.jpg

Great morning, great little boat, great captain. I highly recommend him
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

trolling?
    sigpic

Comment

Frank and his wife are members at my church. He is a good fisherman. You must have gotten him excited about kayaks -- he called me yesterday afternoon to see what type of kayak he should consider after having some disappointment with the starter kayak he bought from Dicks. He is looking for a pedal kayak. If anyone is looking to sell a used one at a fair price, let me know and I can pass on the information to Capt Tuma.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The fish pics just aren't the same lying in the bottom of a boat

Looks like you had a good day though.

Comment

I've got a 2010 Revo that has a sail and has been lightly used.
          Carpe Pisces

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
            trolling?
            yes, we were trolling. As a matter of fact, the captain only had 3 of his lines in when the first fish hit.

All rods had pretty basic rigs. Two lures, bucktails, swimming shads and even a spoon. (the spoon never got hit). Some had a drop sinker, orther in-line weight. Pork rind on the bucktails.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
              Frank and his wife are members at my church. He is a good fisherman. You must have gotten him excited about kayaks -- he called me yesterday afternoon to see what type of kayak he should consider after having some disappointment with the starter kayak he bought from Dicks. He is looking for a pedal kayak. If anyone is looking to sell a used one at a fair price, let me know and I can pass on the information to Capt Tuma.
              I touted the Natives. I love my little 11 footer. It was pretty funny that 5 minutes on board, and your name came up.Frank is probably the nicest, most laid back charter captain I've ever been with.
              Just had a great time!

Comment

Capt Frank talked with me on Monday afternoon about pedal-drive kayaks. I explained the pros and cons of the Hobie and Native models. He visited a local dealer that evening and bought a Native Slayer Propel.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                X