Janes Island(6/21, 6/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes Island(6/21, 6/22)

Went to Janes Island for some camping/fishing.

My brother was in from Tennessee so we left early before everyone with all the yaks. Since no one was there yet Friday evening we were able to use my parents jacksons, which is always a nice change.

No fish on Friday but we did venture far towards/into the sound, where we found ledges that looked promising.

Saturday we went out about a half hour before sunrise, and pretty quickly my brothers got into a few stripers around the 14'' range but none for me. They were throwing top water and a rattle trap, I was jigging gulp. We came in for a bit and headed back for the approaching high tide. This time the fish were visible and active. surface hits all over, and eventually we started hooking up to a few more stripers again in the 14'' range. Got rained on a bit but it was worth it once I got a nice 19.5" on some gulp, my first keeper this year. Took him to camp and cooked him for my bro who has never had striped bass, so over all it was a good trip.

Also worth mentioning my grandparents were getting lots of croaker and the occasional blue out farther in the sound.

14.6.20(1)JanesIsland.jpg 14.6.20(3)JanesIslandRockHole.jpg 14.6.20(4)JanesIslandSunset.jpg 14.6.21(2)JanesIslandStriper.jpg 14.6.21(3)JanesIslandStriper.jpg

Nice report and looks like a good day out. Where did you camp at?

Comment

Camped at the campground at Janes Island State Park.

Comment

Thanks for the report... I have all but given up on the bigger Spring/early summer specs this yr. Last year this time that whole area was an excellent area for keeper trout. Least you caught dinner and had a fun trip.

Comment

Yeah I was really hoping at least one of us would get a speck but it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
          X