Marshall Hall 6/27/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Hall 6/27/14

Had to get out to test out the reel from lovett88. It works. I was fishing blue gills from the local pond. I was fishing them whole. I tried gulp maggots. I was tired of buying a container of worms. The maggots work. You have to get the tip of the hook almost out because they are rubbery and may not come through. These guys are so small setting the hook too hard leaves you with fish lips. I caught 6 reel/real quick. When I got out to the ramp it was choppy. Some white caps, pretty good size swells. Lots of spray in the face.

http://Marshall Hall 6/27/14: http:/...be/IpSxGENgvLs

I put 2 in the boat. The first one slimed the heck out of the drive area. I was actually drifting up river. Nice afternoon. It calmed down right before dark, but I had left my battery for my night rod on the counter, so I called it quits early.

uploadfromtaptalk1403958583547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403958596712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403958609082.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Slime over the whole area. May hit a car wash since it is still in the back of the truck.

uploadfromtaptalk1403967225729.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Comment

U used bluegill for bait? Whole?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Yes. 3-4 inch.
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

Surprized that channel cat took that!
          You drifted rather than anchor ed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 3 foot chain and about 70 feet of line out, 25 foot of water. Unintentionally drifting north.
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

nice slow drag I bet. did you have the chain attached in middle or end? How hard did those guys hit the sunfish?

Comment

I have the chain attached in the middle. Tied at the ends. The big one hit on the run. The yak was bobbing up and down, bouncing the slip weight on the bottom. I didn't notice the bite until the line was moving away and tight. The smaller guy gave some warning tugs, then hit and stopped. He didn't fight till I tightened up the line. The largest I caught last week was in a whole blue gill. When I caught the most, two weeks ago, was on the cut blue gills. More scent, faster action. The whole ones have yielded larger ones. I think I will up my hook size, use a larger gill, with some slits for more scent. Try to attract a larger blue.
                Hobie Outback
                Stand Up Paddle Board
                Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                X