Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tangiers Sound 6-29-14

6-29-14 Sunrise.jpg
    Excited... my first decent fishing report of the year. On the water at sunup...glassy but building easterly wind. Noticed the absence of floating grass and a lot of bait busting surface. Fished outgoing tide, near a sand bar not far from Jane Island State Park. Mostly small bluefish trashing my plastics for first hour....lost my brand new rod and reel combo try to hook one fish while holding another fish on rod between my legs
    Moved on deep end of bar (6-8ft) picked up my first of 8 trout all in the 16-18 inch range, all on 4inch swimming mullet white Gulps fished bottom on 3/8 white jigheads. After my second unwanted hardhead, I moved back off the sand bar, tide had slowed up and blues appear to be gone. Switched to 5 inch white Bass Assassins under a cajun thunder popper cork and pulled 4 more Specs, one 22 and one 25 inches.

6-29-14 17inch Speck.jpg6-29-14 22inch speck.jpg6-29-14 25inch Speck.jpg

Besides losing my new combo it was a Great few hrs of fishing...home by 10am and all specs are still swimming the Shallows of Tangiers.

nice reports and thanks for the report. have youve heard of any reds being caught around there this year?
    sigpic

Comment

Where does one launch to fish that area?
      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

BTW they were 5inch white paddle tail BA's ..... Not heard or seen any Reds this far North yet... the Park (Janes Island) has a Nice launch.

Comment

That's a terrific report Carl - sorry to hear about the lost combo.

Comment

You've restored my confidence to head back over that way!

I had planned to fish over there this past Saturday but the wind forecast was 15, gusts to 20, so I didn't go. I guess it wasn't that bad?
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
              I had planned to fish over there this past Saturday but the wind forecast was 15, gusts to 20, so I didn't go. I guess it wasn't that bad?
              Nevermind... I just realized the 29th was Sunday not Saturday.
              Brian

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for the report.
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Great report. Thanks. Hope to explore the area once I take ownership of my new Slayer Propel 13. Can I tag a long sometime?
                  Deadwood (Dave)
                  West River & Miles River
                  2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
                  If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

OK thanks. Ill be in touch in the future.
                    Deadwood (Dave)
                    West River & Miles River
                    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
                    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

Working...
                    X