No announcement yet.

6-30 Jackson Creek Landing(Chester Rvr)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-30 Jackson Creek Landing(Chester Rvr)

Went out midday to throw a few new lures to check their action. Well action they had. In 2 hours a caught 10+ perch, 3 heavy catfish, and even a few spot(never caught spot without BW). I was using 4 and 6 lb mono while testing a pink rooster tail, small 1 inch swim shad, and a mini rat-l trap. Perch were hitting everything, catfish hit the Rooster tail and shad, all three spot were on the rat-l. Paddled up the right side and drifted the open water with baitfish everywhere. The best news is that I didn't see any rays. Also I left all the fish out there for the rest of you.

TR

Sounds like fun! I've been threatening to launch at the Narrows and paddle the width of the Chester to meet my sister and brother in law at Eastern Neck Island. It would save me about 90 miles of driving (one way) to see them! Of course,!I'd drop a line or two at Eastern Neck. I know it's a long paddle, shouldn't be done w/o a fellow paddler in case of a storm or whatever.

Have you or anyone fished the north side at Eastern Neck or nearby?

Comment

It was a blast. I haven't paddled the Eastern Neck. You can see it from this landing and would be the quickest route from this side. I drove the Eastern Neck once and it looked like a lot of fun. Wish I had pedals or trolling motor to make the trip. I try to have a pole in the water for the majority of the time out, but if the current was running the way it was the other day it would drift you right at it while fishing. I might try it, but not alone.

Comment

Working...
      X