Looking to Hit the Bay Monday, July 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Hit the Bay Monday, July 21

Anyone have plans to fish this Monday? I'd like to hit the Bay, around SPSP, Kent Narrows, or Chesapeake Beach for stripers or blues.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

I'm thinking of going to Triton beach park

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
      I'm thinking of going to Triton beach park
      Oversize, huge sand wheels for a kayak cart are a plus there. The sand is really soft from the water line to the grass/rocks/gravel for the take out. Putting in isn't much of an issue, but landing was way more effort than we wanted at the end of our trip Friday.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Appreciate the tip Cowpokey. How far do you have to drag your kayak to the launch spot?

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        Oversize, huge sand wheels for a kayak cart are a plus there. The sand is really soft from the water line to the grass/rocks/gravel for the take out. Putting in isn't much of an issue, but landing was way more effort than we wanted at the end of our trip Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
          Appreciate the tip Cowpokey. How far do you have to drag your kayak to the launch spot?
          It's not that far, but the sand is really soft. Distance from where you can unload to prepare for launch is about the same distance as Jonas Green; where you have to park your vehicle is about 400 meters. There is a good gravel road between the launch and the parking area.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Going out Monday just not sure where and for what. But I have 2 questions what is spsp and what kind of fishing would you be doing

Comment

Originally posted by Noahtom View Post
              Going out Monday just not sure where and for what. But I have 2 questions what is spsp and what kind of fishing would you be doing
              Sandy Point State Park... stripers, perch, blues, spot... etc...
              Ascend FS128T

Comment

Snakehead hunter (Kahn)
                I've never been there but will try it out with you. It is close to the Bay Bridge and Chesapeake Beach, where the blues are running, so we are bound to catch something. I hope. Cowpokey, I appreciate the information.
                What time do you or anyone want to meet?
                Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

I can do Chesapeake beach area in the morning If anyone decides to fish there just say the time and place we could launch

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                    Snakehead hunter (Kahn)
                    I've never been there but will try it out with you. It is close to the Bay Bridge and Chesapeake Beach, where the blues are running, so we are bound to catch something. I hope. Cowpokey, I appreciate the information.
                    What time do you or anyone want to meet?
                    I'm gonna repost this in main forum and see if anyone interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Noahtom View Post
                      I can do Chesapeake beach area in the morning If anyone decides to fish there just say the time and place we could launch
                      Do you want to meet us at Triton beach park? Its not that further up from Chesapeake beach

Comment

The sand beach just drains you when you come in after being tired already. I would highly recommend a beach wheel cart to get across the sand.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

Snakehead hunter, I'm afraid somewhere else would be better, as people are warning us on the considerable effort it will take to get back in. There is a 5 dollar ramp behind the water park in Chesapeake Beach?
                          Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Snakehead hunter, I'm afraid somewhere else would be better, as people are warning us on the considerable effort it will take to get back in. There is a 5 dollar ramp behind the water park in Chesapeake Beach?
                            You could unload the kayaks at the edge of the water and carry them back up the soft sand. It's really not a lot of distance. If you have someone to help you can probably carry a fully loaded kayak with two people. I wouldn't discourage launching there, just be aware that there's some work to do at the finish.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

I want to try north beach and Chesapeake beach one day but I want to have a fish finder install first before I fish those. I think I'm gonna pass on tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X