Bear Creek / Lynch Cove - Dundalk, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Creek / Lynch Cove - Dundalk, MD

Fished from about 10:30 until 3:00. Started out really slow on a spinner with a small jig head/tube body. Tide was slack and starting to go out.

Early on, I caught 1 WP on the troll and managed to pick up one dink striper off of some marsh grasses.

As the day moved on and I moved closer to Bear Creek, I switched to a feather spinner and began banging some WP under the piers wherever I could find a combination of deep water and shade.

I was fishing ultra-light spinning with 2lb test line. In one area, I had a good hit and lost whatever it was. A few casts later, I got hit again and this time it was game on with about a 2 foot long pickerel which managed to throw the hook boat-side. This was close to a rusted out boat house that some guy (a neighbor) came out and told me to be careful around because there were evidently all sorts of chemicals, paint, etc. leaching into the water -- said he didn't want me to get sick. It didn't seem to affect the fishing any.

After my tangle with the pickerel, I managed a few more WP (probably over 2 dozen for the day) and began to paddle back to the ramp.

Just as I was coming in for my approach, I heard a lady yell and I looked up to watch a guy sprinting after a white car as it rolled completely down the ramp and deep-sixed. It floated for a bit and then went down. Took some pics -- see attached.

All in all, I had a good day. The car owners, not so much!

Mark

that's a shame!
    sigpic

Comment

Be on the lookout for a white Chevy for sale *CHEAP*.

I respoolled my UL rod with 6lbs test after losing a personal best bass earlier this year, when it jumped and popped the 2lbs line. I thought I had the drag set right, but it happened so fast the drag didn't have time to slip. I did land a 20" northern on the 2lbs test, which surprised the heck out of me, I couldn't believe it didn't cut the line.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

That's unbelievable, I wonder if insurance covers "acts of stupidity"?

Comment

Where did you catch the pickerel? Was it closer to bear creek and north or south side of lynch cove? Also where Did you launch? Was it back in the cove or the marina at the lynch cove & bear creek?

Comment

Working...
          X