Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conowingo 7/30

Hey All,

I know its late notice, but I plan on fishing tomorrow below the dam for stripers, cats, and white perch. Didn't know if anyone else was going out or wanted to join! I am going to be there at 5am. They are turning on the water at 10am.

The rockfish bite was not there yesterday morning, at least for me. I caught one dink, a handful of white perch, and some really nice channel cats. Brought home two for dinner! Had a monster cat on that I lost as I was trying to get into the boat. Oh well!

Comment

Originally posted by Tptman View Post
      The rockfish bite was not there yesterday morning, at least for me. I caught one dink, a handful of white perch, and some really nice channel cats. Brought home two for dinner! Had a monster cat on that I lost as I was trying to get into the boat. Oh well!
      If you don't mind me asking, what do you typically use for catfish below the dam. Lures? Bait?

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

If I am going for channel cats, I like to use spoons, my favorite being Krocodile lures. They slam them quite hard and fight like crazy. I've never fished for flathead from the kayak, mainly cause I don't want to anchor up there. I've caught quite a few though at the base of the dam casting my surf rod for rockfish. The flatheads hit flies and soft plastic swim shads

Comment

Working...
        X