where is the deer creek "launch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the deer creek "launch"

I've seen other posts about launching from the mill near deer creek and was just wondering where exactly I would launch. also wondering if it is actually a launch or it is just a beachy area. thanks!!

Deer creek and the mill are actually two differet places you can launch. Neither are are an actualy launch or a beachy area. The mill is right where rock run road meets stafford road in susquehanna state park. Googleing 797 Stafford Rd Havre de Grace, MD 21078 will get you close. The water access here involves a short walk from the parking area to a pretty steep path down to the water. Deer creek is 1/2 mile up river from the mill. You are literally launching where deer creek enters the susquehanna. It also is just a path down to the water. The path is much less steep than the mill access but it is a little longer and where it meets the water it is very rocky/bouldery. These rocks can get slick!

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Heck. I grew up there. I fished everywhere in that creek from Eden mill all the way down to the confluence with the Susky. I normally would just park near an overpass (there are several) and just drag down to the water. Back in the day I caught trout, smallies, rock bass, fallfish, and sunfish out of the creek. Used to go right to the mouth early in spring and fish the run of white suckers. I remember one day vividly and we must have caught about 50 of them in a short amount of time.
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
      X