Farmington Landing 8/2/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmington Landing 8/2/14

I'm hoping the rain will give us a small break in the morning. My mom is staying with me for a little bit. She picked up her MD license yesterday. I plan on taking her out in the kayaks for a few hours in the Farmington Landing area behind the marina. Calm and not too deep. She is recovering from bone spur removal surgery. They had to cut her achilles to perform it. If nothing else, a little therapy from pedaling the Hobie will be good for her, and some family time will be good for me. I picked up some Gulp Blood Shad dough. Anybody tried it? It looked oily and moister than the other premade doughs. I will let you know if we catch anything. I also have a some pre-cut frozen bluegill parts that I squirted anchovie paste on. I will thaw those guys out too. I caught 4 cats on the same body chunk before (the guts were knocked out on the first cat) that I had added some of the paste to it. Dunno if it was the paste, or if they were just really hungry that day.
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Have you ever used clam snouts? They come frozen and look like mummified fingers. They are really tough and stay on the hook for a long time. They are great for 1-5 pound channel cats, I used to catch tons of them 12 or so years ago. Not sure how they would do today with the dominant blue cat population now.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Never have. I'm out now. My mom is doing great. Pedaling hurts her foot, but paddling is fine. Grass is very thick on the bottom. Probably going to be a wash today. I did not bring large floats. I didn't think of the grass. I've never been out here at this time of the year. Great time with my mom regardless.
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

My mom did great. I ended up towing her back across. We had a great time. No fish, but tons of ospreys bombing for food. Some winner had left 3 fish to rot next to bank. Nice size blue cat, carp and a gar. All were 7-10 pounders. I'm guessing bow shot.

uploadfromtaptalk1407062947086.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407062960793.jpg
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
        X