New Kayak fisherman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kayak fisherman

Hi everyone- finally decided to get a kayak at 40, went with a FeelFree Lure 11.5 and I have had it out on slack reservoir water and absolutely love it. I am looking to try out rivers, but would love to find a slow moving area to acclimate to moving water, since I have only been on it in a canoe. I live in Towson, MD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Also, any great launch spots would also be appreciated as well as accessory guidance.

Welcome SeaBass77, I had my first launch yesterday, so your not the only newbie. Since I am not experienced as many others on this forum, I will only ask what kind of water are you lookin for? Use the search function on this forum and I will bet you will find the answers you are looking for.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Welcome a bored...
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Welcome! This is a great place to meet fellow fishers and to learn technique.
        Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
        Cobra Explorer

Comment

Welcome SeaBass!! Lots of spots not far from Towson... Dundee River, Mariners Point Park, & Middle River are a few spots close to home that offer some protected waters to paddle and fish. Dnr web site provides some info on the launch sites. Best of luck & Njoy!!

Comment

Welcome!
            Mike

Comment

Welcome to the site, SeaBass. I am also located in Towson and have not had much luck launching anywhere "close by", so I usually go to Slavins for snakehead and LMB, Conowingo for SMB or occasionally to Dundee Creek for whatever is biting (catfish, white perch, snagged carp, etc.). Not to say there aren't fish close by, I just haven't had much luck within a 15 mile radius of my house. I am going out next Saturday, not sure where as yet. Let me know if you want to meet up.
              Dave N.
              Wilderness Systems Radar 115
              - Solar

Comment

When in doubt head east till you hit the water and check out parks and marinas for friendly launch areas.
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thanks everyone. Checked out dundee creek from shore today. I think I need a tidal fishing lic for these new areas. Excited to get back out

Comment

Welcome SeaBass77, nice choice!
                    Mike
                    Feelfree Lure 11.5
                    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Working...
                    X