Kent Narrows Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Narrows Today

I went out to Kent Narrows today to the Goodhands put-in, where a few of our fellow Snaggedline guys went last week. The lunar calendar said between 2 and 4pm would be the best fishing today, so I was there for those times. One perch. Then at 5pm the action started. Blues bit in half the 4" albino Bass Assassin (1/2 oz jig head for the heavy current) so I switched to pink 4" paddle tail and immediately pulled in a 16" striper. An employee at the Anglers bait store said he has great luck with top water lures, a 4" black or green one with a feather, after 6pm or in the early morning. I wish I could have stayed but the clouds were looking to ominous and it was getting rough.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Congratulations, Peggy.

Goodhands is one of my favorite launch sites.

It rarely disappoints.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice report Peggy. I've thinking about fishing that area; maybe we could meet up sometime.
      Kitkat
      2015 Outback
      2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

just curious. Where you actually out in the narrows or still in the creek?
        ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Was there any mention of a specific top water lure?
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Darryl, I was in the creek and went out as far as the jetty's, but the current was really strong and it scared me, so I went back to the grass beds. There were several little islands of grass too, but I don't know if that is considered the Narrows.

The lure I will use this Saturday, which what was recommended by the staff at Angler's, is a Stillwater Smack-it Jr. His personal recommendation was black, and another was an orange with gold top and a green face. I bought that one. It's 4". I've been reading people are using BKDs with luck. I also have a couple of fat Sams that John V. was nice enough to give me and have subsequently ordered a few bags myself. They are not local - have to buy in FL or online.
            Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
            Cobra Explorer

Comment

How did you do on Saturday??
              Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
              Darryl, I was in the creek and went out as far as the jetty's, but the current was really strong and it scared me, so I went back to the grass beds. There were several little islands of grass too, but I don't know if that is considered the Narrows.

The lure I will use this Saturday, which what was recommended by the staff at Angler's, is a Stillwater Smack-it Jr. His personal recommendation was black, and another was an orange with gold top and a green face. I bought that one. It's 4". I've been reading people are using BKDs with luck. I also have a couple of fat Sams that John V. was nice enough to give me and have subsequently ordered a few bags myself. They are not local - have to buy in FL or online.
              ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Working...
              X