St. George Creek Blues - Sunday 8/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. George Creek Blues - Sunday 8/17

Was on the water about 7:30am. Launched from the Piney Point public ramp.
    Trolling 2 Alabama Rigs trailing silver floating Rapalas off to the side and an SXR12 by itself down the middle.

I headed straight across to Tarkill Point. The plan was to troll for striper along the northern edge in about 10 feet of water. Had to dodge a few crabbers running some crazy long trotlines, but I was still able to stick to the plan. There was quite a bit of action on the creek. I landed 12 in the first 2 hours. Unfortunately they were all bluefish... about 11-13 inches.

As I neared the St Mary's River I moved into deeper water and the fish got a bit bigger. Landed 3 bluefish here... 2, 15" and 1, 18". After catching the 2nd 15" blue I snagged a crab pot buoy and decided it was time to head in. I crossed over to St. George Island and trolled back to the ramp in about 8 feet of water. Got a few more snapper blues on the way back.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

I heard there were pretty steady breakers on the Potomac side of St Georges Island last Sunday. but it was a little bumpier than the creek.
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
    X