FNG here from VaBeach/ NOW Woodbridge area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG here from VaBeach/ NOW Woodbridge area

Hey folks! Just poppin in to introduce myself quick before work. I'm Christopher and I haven't gotten my lines wet for long time (3+ years) and that just hurts my feelings. I'm currently overseas contracting on the Iraqi Freedom Mission and other ones too so that accounts for my lack of attention to the water. I've never fished from a kayak before but that's gunna change real quick towards the end of August *fingers crossed* unless needs of the mission doesn't make a liar of me. I'm gunna get myself a HPA14' when I get back first thing...it's time I do something nice for myself besides buy more guns. Haven't had a vacay since Jan'12 either. I'm single, never married and no kids so look out water! Here I come! Until then, tight lines everyone and hopefully we'll run into one another out on the water(figuratively speaking), I'm gunna keep surfing youtube and the forums. Peace out!
    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Welcome RustedAngler. Plenty of great info on here about kayaking this area and fishing in general. Good luck and stay safe. Hope to see you out there this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!
      Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...

Comment

Hello Christopher!
        Some of us live in Fairfax, Chantilly, and West Field fish VA Beach often. We do saltwater fishing mainly. I am not sure how far you are willing to drive. You may fish with us. I hope I see you on the water in August.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
          Hello Christopher!
          Some of us live in Fairfax, Chantilly, and West Field fish VA Beach often. We do saltwater fishing mainly. I am not sure how far you are willing to drive. You may fish with us. I hope I see you on the water in August.

Joe
          Thanks Joe! I'm certainly willing to drive to the beach...ANY excuse to get back down to the beach is plausible cause for me! However, I NEED to get my hands on a small trailer to convert to hauling the yak. The Danger Ranger has 6' bed and a tool box in the bed that eats up 20" of it! I should be back home by July 1st and hopefully the yak will be in by then. *Fingers Crossed***
          I noticed VA has a 1-4 year and a lifetime freshwater liscense fee, do they offer a multiple year saltwater one too?
          Christopher

Comment

Welcome. Also live nearby but like Joe said...VA beach is where we fish mostly. Occasional Occoquan or Pohick and some upper bay trips here and there. Would recommend a tracrac over trailer.

Comment

Little late chiming in, but welcome. I'm in Woodbridge too. Lake Ridge actually. I don't get down to va beach as often as most, usually stay relatively local but still get out a good amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Thanks! I would imagine that at somepoint, we'll meet, in the name of fishing? Been there since November but 8 of those 10 months have been spent abroad in foreign country so I'm still new to the area..I do however, cross the occaquan daily, twice during my commute.
                Christopher

Comment

No worries I know what it's like. It'll be a few weeks until I'm able to get out but I imagine I'll head to the bay bridge. Still haven't caught my keeper and I have a recipe I'm dying to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  -Jon
                  Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                  X