Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Boring (Cobia) Fishing- June 6, 2015

June 6, 2015 (Sat)

I got a call at 11:00 PM Friday. An application deployment was cancelled. I didn't think I should wake Dave up to hit CBBT.
    I went Buckroe Park, VA for cobia. I drove 3 hours and bought a 12LB frozen chum and 5 live eel at 05:20 AM.
    I wasted about an hour to find where to park and launch the kayak.
    I went to Thimble Shoal. It took me about 1.5 hours. There was none (boats) chumming. When I came back to Buckroe Park (another 1+ hour), there were 8 boats and 3 kayakers.

Summary:
    Water Temp: 71-74 F
    None caught cobia. I caught Z's
    The chum block lasted about 4 hours (should be less than 3 hours).
    My 5 eel was killed by bluefish for about 4 hours
    I fished with 4 live blue crab crab (purchased on Friday) for 3 more hours.

Must bring items next time: a waterproof Pillow and War and Peace written by the Russian Guy who had a plenty of time because he didn't fish

Last edited by ComeOnFish; 06-08-2015, 08:43 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I hope you got that buckroe pier thing out of your blood.

Time to hunt at the CBBT!

Comment

Nice funny way to post your report...lol.

Fisherman's tough luck, but with your determination, I know you're going to catch cobia from a yak one day.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

too funny!
        sigpic

Comment

At least you're getting out there. I regret not making that suicide run a couple weeks ago have had bad weather almost every day off I've had since!
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
            At least you're getting out there. I regret not making that suicide run a couple weeks ago have had bad weather almost every day off I've had since!
            I think you should wait until the first good catching report comes out.

Joe
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

LOL! Classic Joe! Nice!
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I love the photos. Great report.

Comment

next time head down the beach to Grandview or Back River- both have some nice Cobia caught every year- Buckrow is too crowded and too much activity for me- and they sometimes catch Cobia at night off Buckroe pier...Bluefish Rock can be hot, too-
                  Cobia love live spot and tinker bluefish...corn cob mullet, live and dead menhaden
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                    next time head down the beach to Grandview or Back River- both have some nice Cobia caught every year- Buckrow is too crowded and too much activity for me- and they sometimes catch Cobia at night off Buckroe pier...Bluefish Rock can be hot, too-
                    Cobia love live spot and tinker bluefish...corn cob mullet, live and dead menhaden
                    The only reason I don't go to Back River is d#@% mosquitos. I heard about live spot. Next time I will try to catch live spot first.
                    Joe

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                      The only reason I don't go to Back River is d#@% mosquitos. I heard about live spot. Next time I will try to catch live spot first.
                      Joe
                      Yeah, you're right about the mosquitos at Back River- they are those big striped marsh mosquitos that can bite through a shirt...
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

LOVE the descriptive pictures. Looks like a cartoon. Great job!
                        Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                        Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
                        X