Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20150816_161627.jpg
    20150816_161436.jpg

Went back for a little more today. Got a couple keeper flounder, some dink flounder, and had a large spade make a run around a piling to break me off. Highlight of the day...my first brown clown sighting of the year. Threw a bucktail with 6" gulp, but struck out and it got spooked. Looked to be keeper size. Actually got so close that I could have snapped a pic. It was just chilling there close to the surface on a piling, facing opposite direction so did not even see me approach. Have your cobia rigs ready to throw next time. It is definitely that time of year to see them hanging out.

Met another local guy today and ended up fishing with him. He was the one in the PA who got 3 keeper flounder Saturday. He got 2 keeper flatties today out near where I got mine also. One 16.5 and one 18". He tried to hold up the 18 inches to show me and it flopped right away from him. Felt pretty bad for him, but it cracked me up a bit. Need to tell him to get some fish grips or something for next time.
    Last edited by JohnE; 08-16-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

95 traffic is so unpredictable. I try only to drive either way at night or very early morning. 95 drivers in VA are the worst drivers just about anywhere I have been. Can't really figure out what that section of road does to people to make them incapable of operating their vehicles like normal people. Camped out in passing lane holding up traffic. 100 mph fly bys in the slow lane. People constantly slamming their brakes for no reason. I drive up north on 95 often and VA is by far the worst.

Comment

64 is the worst. 2 Lanes and the left lane driver thinks it his/her right to drive 65 on a 65 MPH limit because it's their right to do so. Log jam behind them be dammed.

Comment

Nice work gents! Great looking fish!

Sent from Tapatalk
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice fish guys. I'll be camping down in kipto thurs-sun looking to hit the bridge if the weather allows.
            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

It was was not a bad weekend at all. I ended up with three sheeps, two citations at 26" and 24", and a 20". Lost count of spades up to 13" and missed a few chances at the brown clown. I made a cast at a smaller one and little did I know a much larger one was lurking below it, it took off after the jig but peeled off last minute.

Thanks for snapping a few pics for me Tufnik, much appreciated.

IMAG0220_BURST002_COVER.jpgIMAG0219.jpgIMAG0224.jpg
              Last edited by Slap; 08-17-2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Slap.
                You are on the following video. Thank for the clam and spadefish fishing tip. You saved my day:

(all, I put the video on the initial post of this thread)

Thank you.
                Joe
                Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Wow! It looks like it was an awesome weekend for everybody that tried down there! It looked like a fun time.

When you get sheep down there on the pilings, will you get them mostly at the base? Or will you find them suspended along it too?

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  I've only caught dogfish, but pound for pound they are serious fighters.
                  I'm sorry, but that about made me laugh
                  Brian

Comment

Awesome work on the sheeps. I never spend enough time targeting them...love flounder fishing too much. I am going to try concentrating more on sheepies and looking for cobia next time though.

-Watched the local weather before I left Norfolk this morning and long range forecast is not looking great. Does not seem to be anything major to cause high waves at cbbt, but scattered showers and tstorm all week into the weekend to mess up water clarity again. I may try to fish either Saturday or Sunday depending on forecast.

Comment

Awesome job!! All fish look great. Nice Drum!! I want that Sheepie. Going to be there this Saturday and try my luck. See you guys out there.

Comment

I would like to note that all my sheeps were released, at that size these are pretty old fish; they tend to slow down in growth as they mature. Hooking one is one thing, but for those lucky enough to land them you should consider doing the same. The spearfishermen already do their part in killing the big ones...

Comment

Nice fishing. Joe, what resolution and frames per second did you film at? The video has a nice clear picture.
                          2013 WS Ride 135
                          2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by rwh View Post
                            Nice fishing. Joe, what resolution and frames per second did you film at? The video has a nice clear picture.
                            720p, 30 frames, narrow angle Gave up on 1080P because of the file size.

joe
                            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Forecast is calling for the wind to lay down by tomorrow night. Sunday is looking doable, I plan to launch at sunrise. Anybody still planning to fish this weekend?

Comment

Not this weekend for me. I am in NC watching my grand son. The two year old boy can't fish yet.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X