Accomack County VA. Water Access - GPX, KML & Lowrance format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomack County VA. Water Access - GPX, KML & Lowrance format

Posted this in the Main Forum but thought I'd throw a copy over here if anyone has a use for them.

Thought I'd share if anyone can find these useful. Put together a list of all the ramps, soft launches, piers etc. for a trip to VA eastern shore a couple of weeks ago. They weren't very helpful to me as the wind howled about 30 all week. I did get out at Annis Cove which is a very nice area and looks like it could be very productive.

Don't think I missed any but can't swear to it. If you need some other format use the GPX file and dowload a copy of GPS Babel and convert away. GPS Babel can convert to pretty much anything and it's free. http://www.gpsbabel.org/

Anyway here they are all three in one zip file, same data in three formats. Straight GPX, Google Earth KML and Lowrance(for my Mark4, other models may need a a different format). Description with type of launch should come through in the notes.

Link is to my one drive account, SnaggedLine limits the formats I can upload. Let me know if there are any problems with the link or downloading. Each format is in the same folder and you should be able to download them individually also.

http://1drv.ms/1KeD4Ak

DonV: Just found this on a forum search. I've got a trip planned for next week to the Eastern Shore. Thanks for putting all this data together, nice to have launch locations for Accom. Co in one place. Worked great with Google earth (KML format)! Gave me some new ideas. Leo
    WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Originally posted by WOOD YAK View Post
      DonV: Just found this on a forum search. I've got a trip planned for next week to the Eastern Shore. Thanks for putting all this data together, nice to have launch locations for Accom. Co in one place. Worked great with Google earth (KML format)! Gave me some new ideas. Leo
      Glad you found it useful. There is a bonanza of places down there to explore, I'm ready to move.
      I'd recommend Annis Cove and Guard shore again as a very nice are for kayak fishing. Just a beautiful area very suitable for kayaking and it was productive for us with flounder and sea trout.

Here are some pictures of Annis Cove and Guard Shore. First seven are of the cove, last three of the shore.
      2015-09-23-154707.jpg2015-09-23-154738.jpg2015-09-23-154858.jpg2015-09-23-171009.jpg2015-09-23-175710.jpg2015-09-23-175727.jpg2015-09-23-180517.jpg2015-09-23-182251.jpg2015-09-23-182435.jpg2015-09-23-185701.jpg
      Last edited by DonV; 06-26-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I used to launch at Guard Shore quite a bit when I first got my kayak (that's where my avatar picture is). I never had any problems there, but expect some weirdo's and riff-raff hanging out there from time to time; especially in the evenings. Otherwise it can be some good fishing!
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
          I used to launch at Guard Shore quite a bit when I first got my kayak (that's where my avatar picture is). I never had any problems there, but expect some weirdo's and riff-raff hanging out there from time to time; especially in the evenings. Otherwise it can be some good fishing!
          Some of the locals mentioned that when I was down there. Some talk that the authorities were doing a little cracking down on it. I never launched there and just did a quick scoping out. Once again really liked Annis Cove and had the whole place to ourselves. It's just south and around the corner from the shore. You could paddle from there out to Guard Shore, it's less then a mile.

Comment

We are all "riff raff" on the lower eastern shore.... nothing to worry about until you hear the dueling banjo music.
            image.jpg
            Last edited by hale3333; 07-02-2016, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hale3333 View Post
              We are all "riff raff" on the lower eastern shore.... nothing to worry about until you hear the dueling banjo music.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19357[/ATTACH]
              LOL!
              I even heard some rumors that people down there have guns, drive pickups, hunt, fish and drink beer sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X