CBBT (New Bull Red club member) Sun 10-25-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT (New Bull Red club member) Sun 10-25-15

I jigged and hung green crabs for hours, but no togs...no sheeps. ..no blues...no keeper stripers. Just two dink stripers and a lot of toads. But.....

... congratulations to Dave! After many months and many big break-offs, he finally caught his first big red drum. I was jigging along a piling, and after he called me from a distance, I saw the man on a mission in full action. After about 15 minutes of having rod bending pullage, he landed a 46" bull red. You should have seen the smile on his face after the fish made a fast and rigorous recovery. Good job, Dave!

ComeOnFish later came by in his "outfit" and a "buddy" sitting on the front of his yak...lol. You'll see it on his post. Anyway, he went out to the 1st island and I didn't get a chance to see his catch.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Nice going Dave!! Man I should have came on down and fished with you guys! I decided to stay a little closer to home and fished the York River... It was terrible. LOL

Comment

Nice catch!!

Comment

Way to go man
        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Awesome catch and congrats!
          Brian

Comment

Thanks.

Consolidation prize for no flounders or togs found.

Comment

The first one feels good. A little vindication for all your missed opportunities! Nice work.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
              Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Heck of a fish. Nice work!
                Michael
                Washington, DC
                Hobie Outback

Comment

Having just achieved my first bull in a yak this September after a three year quest, I can truly appreciate how great you are feeling now. Way to go man, if it was easy it wouldn't be worth it!

Comment

Man this made me want to join that club. What a Hawg..... No need for the trough that Joker is a tank!!!

Yak67
                    2015 Hobie PA-14
                    Last edited by Yak67; 10-30-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats to Dave. I'll have to get that way more next year and try to catch one.

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Congrats Dave!!! Hell of a fish and you definitely put the time in!
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Congrats on that pretty bull, more importantly, congrats on a successful release.
                          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

That is one nice looking fish! He is beautiful fish. Congrats....

MTYMouse, I fished the York last year and it was terrible for me too... so you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                              ComeOnFish later came by in his "outfit" and a "buddy" sitting on the front of his yak...lol. You'll see it on his post. Anyway, he went out to the 1st island and I didn't get a chance to see his catch.
                              Efrin,
                              I didn't do good that day. I even fished the almost entire First Island. Only one boater had a keeper tog at 16.5". Only a few shorties were caught by boaters.
                              I caught a ray, an American eel and 15 toadfish.

Anyway, I wore the same costume and fished the Upper Bay (MD) a few days later. I caught 2 keeper striper at 20 and 23 inches, and about 10 shorties.

I lost my memory cards in a zip bag last week. Luckily, I found the zip bag at a restaurant yesterday where I ate lunch with my co-worker. So I made a Halloween special edition and posted on the main forum titled "Pirates of Chesapeake Bay (Fishing CBBT and Upper Bay)" yesterday.

BTW, I am planning to fish this Sat.

Joe
                              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
                              X