CBBT (Short flounder) Sat 10-24-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT (Short flounder) Sat 10-24-15

As I stood by a fellow yaker looking at the water during early morning, he told me a couple of other yakers walked away after seeing the rough water and 10-15 knot winds. He and I too had some doubt. Launching into the surf was rough, but I went out anyway.

Saw two other yakers out there, but they caught nothing and went back in after I passed them on my way to the 1st SBC. Swells were maybe 3 ft, not to mention the wind and chops.

By noon, the water and winds somewhat settled a bit. Long story short. I jigged a bucktail and hung green crabs to almost the 2nd SBC. No togs...no sheeps. ..no keeper flounder, but I caught a lot of fish.

2 short weakfish
    6 blues
    1 short speck
    1 short flounder (15")
    1 keeper 12.5" BSB (but C&R)
    Lot of toads
    And one big pull that broke off after about two minutes of fighting
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 10-26-2015, 04:20 PM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

You're just a hardcore die hard Tufnik. Way to go out there and get some pullage.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Congrats on the keeper BSB. I think I've only caught 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ones under 8" there. Which is nothing on baby croakers there...
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
        You're just a hardcore die hard Tufnik. Way to go out there and get some pullage.
        I think I may have been blind to reason since I had not fished during the prior six weeks...lol

Yeah, keeper BSB is not common there. That's my second keeper in four years fishing there.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X