Planning on Heading to Occoquan once again on 1/2/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning on Heading to Occoquan once again on 1/2/16

Planning on heading out to Occoquan again next Saturday as the forecast so far looks sunny. I plan on targeting mainly catfish and maybe striper, I don't know yet. Anyone else thinking about heading out?
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Great day on the 'Quan today. Lots of people out there. Caught largemouth, crappie, bream and perch. Good day.

Out of curiosity, why the missing scales/mange on this guy? This guy looks pretty beat up--and it wasn't me! Size 13 foot for scale.

I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    Garmin Echomap 93sv
    RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

Fish are spawning right now so it's most likely trauma from that. Constantly bumping up against structure or maybe battle scars from another fish. Nice fish though! It helps if you try and release him as quick as you can if you're not keeping them. Which I would urge you not to during the spawn.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
        Fish are spawning right now so it's most likely trauma from that. Constantly bumping up against structure or maybe battle scars from another fish. Nice fish though! It helps if you try and release him as quick as you can if you're not keeping them. Which I would urge you not to during the spawn.
        That's what I suspected. Yes, CPR for me. This guy was tossed back in right after the photo.
        I need a good paddling

Garmin Echomap 93sv

Comment

Awesome, well based on that big ass croc id say that's a hell of a fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Always something fun happening on the Occoquan-

I need a good paddling

Garmin Echomap 93sv

Comment

96+ degrees yesterday on the Occoquan. Caught 3 cats on swimbaits and bait and a couple bass on jerkbaits. If you find a bass with a Rapala minnow jerk bait in its mouth, I want that back.

I need a good paddling

Garmin Echomap 93sv

Comment

Working...
              X