High coefficient seems to help the bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High coefficient seems to help the bite

Experiencing a very high tidal coefficient here at the Beach and it may be assisting the bite. Launched Rudee about 3:30 pm and the bite was hot until 5:30. My son tore em up landing four Bluefish between 31 and 34 inches and I caught a ten lber myself. Seemed like the others fishing nearby were getting on the blues as well as one big flounder I saw reeled in. Surprisingly, none of the Bluefish were small, all 30+ class and a blast to catch. Lost a few and had a clean bite off of my 30 LB leader. Will switch tactics and target the flounder through the weekend, but it is tempting to wrestle with the Choppers!

10 lb 32 in.jpg34 in.jpg

Seems like the blue action is picking up there. Nice!

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Cool looking fish and great photos! A bluefish that big would be a fun time.

Comment

Oh yeah, they are a blast, but tear up some bucktails/lures, bite off leaders, put drag to the test, double over rods, run under yak in last ditch effort and can be tough to handle. Lip grip or glove a must!

The Z-manns seem to hold up pretty well. Was using Bass Assassins and Gulp last year and they don't last as long.

Comment

Ron,
          First of all, thanks for being a member of this forum.
          I am very glad to see a father and son team. Thanks for that too. Please post reports from the VA Beach area. We are rely on you. A few of us (upper bay anglers) will fish your area again this year. I will be fishing for cobia this year from the mid May. I will post mine.

Thank you
          Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Think I will fish the Back River area more this year- Bluefish Rock area has historically had some really nice Cobia catches
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Joined here a few years ago, but seemed like all the info was for parts too far north, so I rarely log in.

COBIA, could be issues this year as may be Catch and Release only, and I ain't taking a green cobia within ten feet of my yak!

Comment

Yep- green fish are nutso...had one in the cockpit of a 24 foot Stamas- broke the lid off a 155 Igloo...never made that mistake again...profuse use of a Billy club helps calm them...
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                X