Puppies and a Leaky Kayak, Rudee, Apr 4, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppies and a Leaky Kayak, Rudee, Apr 4, 2018

Another belated report. For the record keeping purpose (fishing, issues we encounter when kayak fishing).

It's been very slow in Rudee over 10 days. I fianlly found and caught 2 puppies at 21-22" in 3 + hours. But I had to quit fishing because of the leaky kayak.

Video Fishing Log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Joe,

That's an unusual spot for a puncture. The good news is that the leak is in an accessible spot for repair. Have you fixed it?

Otherwise, congrats on your puppies.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

smallest stainless screw and nylon threaded hex nut. I found this (or using a small screw) in this are is better. I did attempt to use the welding kit. But for a tiny hole, screw is better

Thanks
      Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
        smallest stainless screw and nylon threaded hex nut. I found this (or using a small screw) in this are is better. I did attempt to use the welding kit. But for a tiny hole, screw is better

Thanks
        Joe
        That's a good idea, quick and easy. Especially with a little silicone no water is getting through.
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Do you have any idea how it was punctured? Are you thinking in your garage, or somehow on the water?
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Do you carry a gaff with you? That's the only tool that I can imagine would create a puncture into plastic that thick.

Comment

Working...
            X