Been a while/ fishermans report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while/ fishermans report

Been mia for a few years lol but back again, had a daughter, had a major employment change, had major life changes blah blah etc...

Good to be back on the yak not launching shark baits and actually looking for fish!

Anyway, went down peninsula last week with my buddy Noah (who is not on snagged line) and we tried for some old drum. Same old deal, had bait in case the water was dirty (it was) saw a few guys at the ramp, Pennsylvania and Jersey tags (anybody on here?) launched after going to the best tackle shop ever for bait trolled out and started looking right away with a nice incoming without too much current and manageable winds. got out with only seeing one pod of 3 that i passed a big halco popper right in front of them 3 times and no strikes then lost them. Back on the troll- hunt see about ten more... Halco popper again... 2nd pop... Gotcha! 3 minute ride later he's ready to be released, Red at 44-46ish Idk didn't measure it. Lose that pod, anchor up 10 minutes in Noah is on then 30 secs later his mainline snaps cause then red rolled on it..... Oh pooh. Then I get my one typical ray I get every damn Time I'm there, BS! Noah drops a red h
    30 mins later IDK what happened there... New spot, me, dogfish in 2 minutes, dammit. Noah, ray. New spot. Me, huge take in 5 minutes, copper blob hits the surface, shakes, spits crab.... Dammit. End up leaving 2 hours later. Get back to the ramp at 1120 pm after launching at 640... Long day to find out your car battery is dead and one truck is in the lot. He jumps us after pushing the car to the ramp from the yak lot... Good times. Thanks to the guy that jumped us with the pathfinder with the casting tower! Pack up, on-the-go road 1230am Then the car alarm starts going off and will not stop!.... Try 4 tines to fix it. No dice. Screw it, cut the wire! All good. On the road again... All said and done, one old warrior about 44ish inches, a few dropped fish, 1 doggie, a few winged beasts and a few gear failures, one screwed up acura, and 2 lucky deer that we just barely did not hit lol just your typical crazy day on the shore! Sorry my camera got smoked when I got pulled into the shoals by that stupid ray, so sadly there are no photos...
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

that sounds like a hell-of-a-day on the water!
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Holy Moley! A kayakjoe sighting! Been awhile, bud. Glad you got down for some drum. It sounds like your trips are still quite an adventure, haha.

Sweet job getting a bull on a popper! I carry one with me just in case but I haven't ever used it. Just the shads. Let me know if you get out local; I might be able to join one time.
      Brian

Comment

Yeah man, typical hectic tell for me! Imagine that! But he'll yeah man Itsbeen killerto link up again, just like the good ol days! Is your number still the same one you sent me a while back?
        Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

Working...
        X