Broken rod red...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken rod red...

Went down last week and some semi snotty conditions and figured I'd give it a shot anyway cuz we already drove down there LOL start of the journey went off rather uneventful dodging a few larger rollers and way too many winged Beasts LOL as water Clarity wasn't what we were hoping for we came prepared with a few crabs and other miscellaneous easy Baits with the main intention of maybe anchoring up trying to find another Cobia like last week in another better spot but that didn't happen which is kind of good thing in a way! About mile and a half in or so my rod hits the deck! I look over and Noah rod is down too! as you guys know that means one of two things and in this case it was the better of those two things! Instant double header of medium small size Reds mine went 38 and a half Noah went 39 and a half which I believe are the smallest Big Red's I've seen it in this area besides hearing of other small ones from others That's not including the slots and slightly over slots as well as pups. but anyway 30 seconds into the fight my rod decided to blow up about halfway down ( after inspection of the rod after the release I noticed there was a pretty heavy gash through the finish of the blank and into the graphite fibers that scored fairly deep) and snapped right in my face I got lucky that I didn't lose my eye LOL the fight was still on then I remembered I had 20 lb mono as my leader.... Ooops! Forgot to change it from fishing the Oc inlet the night before! Thankfully after a really weird fight i ended up Landing mine thankfully!!!
    Then put her on the grips and back in the drink to see if I could help Noah land his and take a few pictures and and get on with the paddle and try to find some more! Long story short since it's already been too long of a story LOL we ended up having two more double headers this day along with two really good shots at larger Cobia right around the pilings in semi shallow water and they just didn't want to commit to anything that we threw, had a solid minute for each fish we saw and neither one wanted to commit but it was exhilarating non the less!! We shall see what this week brings!IMG_20180607_201838.jpgIMG_20180609_091028_374.jpgIMG_20180607_220821_062.jpg3738.jpg3721.jpg

Idk how to make these photos bigger at the moment don't have much time cause Lily is being a bit crazy lol forgot to say the other four fish went between 42 to 47 and a half I believe, pretty epic day on the water with like 20 miles put in in semi brutal conditions but just goes to show us drum love that kind of weather! Thanks for reading all that bs guys, hope y'all get on em this week!!
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Awesome report man! Cool to see their still hanging around!

Comment

Nice job homie!

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Great fish! Will be there the week of the 18th, the bridge near Fisherman's Inlet/Island.
        Camo Hobie Pro Angler 12
        Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

Comment

Working...
        X