Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT Variety

7987570C-A3E8-49DE-8F42-7949BAB4DB17.jpg
    Gorgeous morning to be out fishing the CBBT. There was an unusual shore break that made the launch tricky compared to normal conditions and the seas were about 2-3' to start the day. The seas calmed down after about an hour.
    IMG_2101.jpg
    My primary target were Spade fish to start the morning because the current was slack and shifting to incoming within 1-2 hours. I brought my last bit of frozen clam I had leftover from the last Snaggedline trip (thanks YakScientist!). I found a few larger than I have caught before and had to chase them around the pilings, which makes your heart race. They truly are a fun fish to catch of any size and I spent much longer fishing for them because they kept biting.
    25CA62F0-8D5A-4C40-947B-450231D88D6E.jpg9CCCBE15-9EAB-4A4A-B35D-A1BC40BD39A7.jpg
    When the current shifted to outgoing, I switched up to my sheep gear and found one on my second drop. They always put up such an awesome fight and this one was the hardest fighter yet. It measured out to about 23.5".
    IMG_2100.jpg
    I caught a few tautog after the sheep from 12-14.5", which were a pleasant surprise.

Side note: The Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association Fishing for Charity Tournament is coming up on September 29th. The tournament benefits Heroes on the Water and Project Healing Waters.
    J

That's a great grab bag! Congrats on all the fish, happy to provide the bait for them. How ripe did that clam "soup" smell ?

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
      That's a great grab bag! Congrats on all the fish, happy to provide the bait for them. How ripe did that clam "soup" smell ?
      Thanks Pat, it was not too bad, especially considering how many times it has been refrozen. The sea bass and spades couldn't resist chowing it down, but a large trigger appeared to be appalled at the offering.
      J

Comment

Glad to see you are still killing them down there

Comment

I might might free again in a few weeks for another visit, will keep you posted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Working...
          X