Kiptopeke 9-03 - 9-04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiptopeke 9-03 - 9-04

Spent two days down south at Kiptopeke before Hurricane Dorian made any impacts to the weather forecast. I primarily fished for flounder and sheepshead, but spent a decent chunk of time exploring the ships too. I caught a few flounder, a black sea bass, and a toadfish the first day. I suspect that I missed a nice sheep because I was checking out one of the cracks in the ship and my rod slammed down almost pulling it into the water, but it came off the line pretty quick. The second day I increased the profile of the soft plastic I was using to *hopefully* keep away any of the smaller fish, but I ended up not catching anything. Another guy caught a trout and a few flounder using the standard Gulp combo.

Kiptopeke has been on my bucket list of places to see/stay for over three years now and I wish I had gone sooner. It is a beautiful park with nice campsites and a laid back atmosphere, so I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't been or if you have been and just want to go back!

IMG_3500.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    J

Kipto is a cool spot with so many different fishing options available to choose from. Glad you had a good time.
    Brian

Comment

Working...
    X